PICKAWAY COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OFFICE
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE ASSISTANT
An Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Office Assistant
DIVISION: Commissioners’ Office
CIVIL SERVICE STATUS: Classified, FLMA non-exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time /Reg
REPORTS TO: County Administrator
Posted on 10/15/21 and until filled
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
• Ability to take direction from multiple directors, department heads, and staff members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clerical and administrative support to Commissioners Office, Planning and Development, Fiscal Specialist, and Commissioner’s Clerk.
• Performs receptionist duties; handles routine inquiries from the public, government officials, and others.
• Performs office responsibilities including typing, spreadsheets, word processing; filing, copying, sending faxes, and checking electronic mail.
• Performs record maintenance, filing, copying, and organizes storage of equipment and supplies.
• Relays and retrieves inter-office communications, correspondence, and official documents to and from other county offices; including, pay-ins, payroll, development plans, meeting minutes, new hire packets, invoices, vouchers, and general fiscal documents.
• Orders supplies and materials and maintains office equipment; postage machine, copiers, telephone etc.
• Provides clerical support for special events; Leadership Breakfast, budget meetings, Pumpkin Show, and special trainings. Duties include, but are not limited to, composing invitations and brochures, collecting and recording payments, recording assignments.
• Receives and distributes daily mail.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED; any combination of education, training
and experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities to perform
the work of this class with a minimum of two (2) years clerical and/or administrative
experience. Other requirements include:
• A working knowledge of personal computers, copiers, calculators and other
standard office equipment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, and
• Familiarity with departmental policies and procedures, office practices and
• An ability to communicate effectively, develop and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, supervisors, officials and the general public,
sound judgment, work independently, and interpret general instructions.
The following is the common technology used in this position and is not all inclusive.
Data Entry, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, intranet, electronic
resources, internet, other miscellaneous County related software applications.
Copiers, digital scanning devices, personal computer and peripheral devices,
calculator, telephone, fax, digital camera, laptop with LCD projector
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Occasional travel within the County to and from other county offices.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Valid Ohio Driver’s License